Dental products. How can we use these for things other than.. cleaning our teeth? Well actually, there is loads you can do with your dental products other than maintain your oral health! We’ve listed some below:
- String – You can use dental floss for things like hanging light photo frames or ornaments, sewing difficult buttons onto clothing.. or even tying small packages!
- Fishing line – Believe it or not – if you break your fishing line, you can use dental floss to fix it!
- Quieting a leaky tap – If you have a leaky tap, you can tie dental floss around the tap area, with a side hanging down into the sink. This will help to reduce that annoying “drip” sound as the water slides down the floss, and into the sink.
- Ring removal – If you ever find yourself in the situation where you get a ring stuck on your finger, and you just can’t get it off, there is a neat little trick that you can do with dental floss. Wrap the floss around the base of the ring, and a little bit onto the finger. Unwind the floss from the opposite side, forcing the ring down the floss (waxed floss of course), and more easily off the finger.
- Cleaning – Toothpaste is actually a great tool for cleaning many things, including shoes, irons, jewellery, cook tops, fingernails and toenails.
- Topical uses – It is well tried theory that applying a small amount of toothpaste to a blemish or cold sore can help to reduce the redness and appearance of the blemish. It can also help to soothe the itchiness of bug bites, or to ease the pain of a bee sting.
- Deodoriser – Toothpaste can be used to clean out things like baby bottles or drains, which also helps to destroy the strong odours that they can emit.
- Cleaning – Using a toothbrush as a cleaning device is a well-known method of tackling those hard to clean places, or tough marks and stains. They are particularly good for cleaning things like crayon marks, tile flooring, or the rubber soles of shoes.
- Beauty – You can tame unruly eyebrows, clean your fingernails, clean your mascara brush, and exfoliate your lips, all with a (clean) toothbrush!
Have we missed any? Let us know of anything extra that you might use your dental products for!