It’s very easy to aid your dental health with a few little snacks. Next time you pop into the supermarket, have a think about picking up some of these quick and easy foods that are great for dental health!
- Milk. This is a great calcium booster, and its contains a lot of what your teeth are made of! Pick a low fat option with extra Vitamin D, and this will help your body to absorb all of that calcium goodness!
- Apples. Delicious crunchy apples require chewing, and chewing helps promote saliva production. This helps protect by washing away stray food particles that could lead to cavities – so really your snack is helping to clean your teeth!
- Yoghurt. Eating yoghurt is a great way to reduce hydrofen sulphide, which is a key factor in bad breath. Some studies have also shown that the active cultures in yoghurt can help to reduce plaque and bacteria in the mouth also, which helps to reduce gum disease. Yoghurt is also another one of those calcium-rich foods!
- Chicken. Chicken is full of both vitamins B3 and B12, which help in preventing mouth sores and canker sores, as well as helping to prevent bad breath.
- Green Tea. A much better choice that coffee or soda, studies have shown that green tea’s natural antioxidants can aid in the reduction of gum inflammation.
You can also talk to your dentist about other great foods to eat for dental health!